Becoming a member of CHECT
Becoming a member of the Childhood Eye Cancer Trust is FREE, easy and open to anyone affected by retinoblastoma, as well as their friends, family, all supporters of CHECT and health professionals.
Why become a member?
- You’ll have access to support throughout treatment and beyond, from our team of experienced support workers on and off the ward.
- If eligible you can apply for a small grant from our support fund, which is there to help in times of financial difficulty.
- You’ll have the opportunity to meet other people affected by Rb at regional and national CHECT events.
- We can provide a tailored linking service so you can share experiences with another member who knows what you’re going through.
- You can join discussions on any aspect of Rb with others on our private Facebook page.
- We can provide information and support for others around you, including your child’s school, GP, siblings and grandparents.
- Our regular InFocus newsletter will keep you informed on the latest research, news and members’ stories.
- You may benefit from holidays, offers and subsidies which arise from time to time from our supporters and sponsors.
- You’ll be invited to the Annual General Meeting and be eligible to vote on key issues and the election of trustees.
If you are a young person affected by Rb:
- You’ll have the opportunity to meet other young people affected by Rb at regional and national CHECT events.
- You can join discussions on any aspect of Rb on our private Facebook page for young people.
- We have a dedicated young people’s support worker to help you if you are facing difficult issues..
Some of the above services are also available to non-members. For example – the support provided by CHECT is open to everyone affected by Rb and not dependent on membership.
We hold your details on our database, in confidence, and do not share them with third parties.