Today is #YouMadeItHappen day, and a chance for the Childhood Eye Cancer Trust to tell you about the difference your amazing support has made.
We’ve been helping families for more than 30 years, but we don’t receive any government funding so we rely on donations to pay for our work. Quite simply, we couldn’t do it without you
So on this special day, we want to say a huge thank you to each and every one of you who has supported us – whether that’s raising awareness, holding an event, making a donation, volunteering or any of the other wonderful ways that you help us.
Because of you, here are some of the many things that we have achieved in the last three years:
• 100% of families offered support following a diagnosis of retinoblastoma
• 7,000 hours of support provided
• £13,400 provided in grants to help with costs
• 14 members’ days held across the UK for families to meet others
• 56 children given CHECT Champion Awards to recognise their bravery
• 5 events for teenagers to meet others and boost their self esteem
• 21% increase in the number of parents aware of Rb
• 36% increase in children being referred within 2 weeks of their first visit to a health professional
• £93k awarded to new research projects
You can read more about our impact – and our future plans – in our 2015-2018 impact report here. From all of us here, thank you for your support, we are so very grateful.