Fundraise for CHECT
We don’t receive any government funding so we rely on the generosity of people like you in order to continue our work. However you choose to support us – from making a donation to signing up to a running event – we’re so grateful. Thank you.
Where your money goes:
- £5 could fund a newsletter providing information and support to people affected by Rb.
- £50 could fund a place at a regional event for a family feeling isolated and distressed.
- £500 could fund two grants for families struggling with the cost of monthly hospital visits.
- £5,000 could fund a weekend for teenagers affected by Rb to build their confidence.
- £50,000 could fund a vital research project, helping to change things for the future.
What we’ve achieved with your support:
Here are some of the things we’ve achieved in the last three years with your amazing support:
- 100% of families in the UK were offered support following a diagnosis of retinoblastoma and throughout their child’s treatment.
- We provided over 2,000 hours of support to around 525 families each year.
- More than £8,500 was given in grants for 40 families facing financial difficulty because of the expenses related to their child’s treatment.
- In our feedback questionnaire 100% of people who responded said they felt CHECT support helped them in their experience of dealing with eye cancer.
We’re really proud of our achievements, but there’s a lot more work to do and we won’t rest until more and more people – from parents to healthcare professionals – know about retinoblastoma.