Where your money goes:
- £5 could fund a newsletter providing information and support to people affected by Rb.
- £50 could fund a place at a regional event for a family feeling isolated and distressed.
- £500 could fund two grants for families struggling with the cost of monthly hospital visits.
- £5,000 could fund a weekend for teenagers affected by Rb to build their confidence.
- £50,000 could fund a vital research project, helping to change things for the future.
What we’ve achieved with your support:
Here are some of the things we’ve achieved in the last three years with your amazing support:
- 100% of families in the UK were offered support following a diagnosis of retinoblastoma and throughout their child’s treatment.
- We provided over 2,000 hours of support to around 525 families each year.
- More than £8,500 was given in grants for 40 families facing financial difficulty because of the expenses related to their child’s treatment.
- In our feedback questionnaire 100% of people who responded said they felt CHECT support helped them in their experience of dealing with eye cancer.
How to donate
You can make a one off donation or set up a monthly donation to CHECT online via our JustGiving page using all major debit and credit cards or Paypal.
If you are a UK taxpayer (and you pay more in tax than you are donating) we will automatically receive a further 25p in Gift Aid for every £1 you donate.
Simply text EYES25 £(amount you wish to donate) to 70071. For example if you wish to give £5 then text EYES25 £5 to 70071. You’ll receive an acknowledgement via text and will be asked if you wish to Gift Aid your donation. This helps to increase the amount we receive at no extra cost to you. The amount you choose to donate will then be added onto your mobile phone bill or taken from your credits if you pay as you go.
By bank transfer
Please email email@example.com or call us on 020 7377 5578 and we will give you the charity’s account number and sort code.
Please make your cheque payable to the Childhood Eye Cancer Trust or CHECT and send it to us at:
Childhood Eye Cancer Trust
The Royal London Hospital
Don’t forget to let us know if you are a UK taxpayer (and you pay more in tax than you are donating), then we will be able to claim a further 25p in Gift Aid for every £1 you donate. To enable us to claim Gift Aid on your donation, please print off and complete the Gift Aid declaration form and include it with your cheque.
All postal donations will be gratefully acknowledged by a member of the CHECT team.
Become a friend of CHECT
Regular giving makes a real difference to the work CHECT is able to do as the charity receives no Government funding and only a small proportion of our funding is predictable. Donating regularly like this helps CHECT to ensure we can deliver the best possible support service and enables us to develop new services and plan for the future.
With a donation from as little as £3 per month regular givers can join our ‘Friends of CHECT’ programme and receive a lapel badge and car sticker to help you raise awareness of retinoblastoma too.
Standing order payments can be set up monthly, quarterly, annually or as often as you prefer.
If you are a UK tax payer (and pay more in tax than you are donating) we will also be able to claim a further 25p in Gift Aid for every £1 you donate.
You can set up a regular donation online here.
If you’d prefer to set up your standing order offline, you can download the Friends of CHECT form.